A Restaurant Failed Its Inspection When A Customer Complained Of A Roach In Her Soup

A Restaurant Failed Its Inspection When A Customer Complained Of A Roach In Her Soup

Whether you have a fear of creepy-crawlies or not, anybody would be disgusted and disturbed to find a cockroach within the food that they are being served. Sadly this scenario is all too common at restaurants. Insects are a problem in many restaurant kitchens, especially roaches. Roaches are naturally attracted to restaurant kitchens due to the many moist areas that roaches can access in large kitchens. Of course, roaches are also attracted to food, as well as anything that seems to be rotting. To put it simply, roaches are attracted to extremely unsanitary conditions, but they are also attracted to food. This poses a problem for restaurants that find roaches in their kitchen, as roaches can spread bacteria to the food that people eat. A cricket found within a kitchen is one thing, but a cockroach is an entirely different matter that health inspectors take very seriously. An Asian buffet was cited recently after a customer found a roach within her soup while the restaurant was being investigated for health code violations. News and pictures of this roach-finding have gone viral, and so has the name of the restaurant. This unfortunate circumstance could result in the closing of the restaurant due to a lack of business.

The manager of the health district’s food safety team, Jessica Davis, has confirmed that the restaurant named the Wok King International Buffet has been cited for the presence of several insects within the kitchen. According to Davis, roaches were found stuck to insect traps that had been previously planted in areas around the kitchen. Davis also mentioned that among the several cockroaches found clinging to sticky-traps, one roach was still alive. The restaurant is not being forced to close, but they have been cited and a thorough re-inspection of the kitchen will be conducted soon. The customer who found a roach in her soup used her phone to snap a picture of the disturbing image so that she could post it on facebook. So far, the picture has been viewed twenty five thousand times. If the owner of the restaurant can manage to stay in business after this fiasco, then he/she should count him/herself as the luckiest person in the world.

Have you ever purchased food that had contained a living insect or spider?